You’ll love this classic ✳️ Vodka Sour Drink Recipe! This sour cocktail is great for relaxing with a few friends. It has a frothy egg white foam and is very refreshing! Plus, it only takes about 5 minutes to make!
Try out other sour cocktails, including the Forbidden Sour Recipe , which mixes pomegranate juice and bourbon!
Vodka Sour Drink Recipe
The ingredients list for this Vodka Sour Cocktail is pretty easy to acquire. If you make drinks often, you probably have most of the items already on hand! The full ingredient list is as follows:
- Lemon Juice
- Lime Juice
- Simple Syrup
- Angostura Bitters
- Egg White
- Maraschino Cherry Garnish
- Lemon Wedge Garnish
To make this great-tasting Vodka Sour, you’ll need a lowball glass (like these on Amazon) and a cocktail shaker. We prefer to use a metal shaker as they seem to get the mixture colder, but any shaker type will do.
The steps for this drink are straightforward. Just add the vodka, lemon juice, lime juice, syrup, bitters, and egg white to a cocktail shaker without ice.
Shake until well mixed, and then add 1 cup of ice to the cocktail shaker. Shake again until cold.
Strain the drink into an ice-filled low ball glass. The foam will collect at the top.
Garnish with a lemon wedge and a Maraschino cherry.
- 2 oz vodka
- 1 oz lemon juice
- 1/2 oz lime juice
- 1/2 oz simple syrup
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- 1 egg white
- 2 cups ice
- 1 Maraschino cherry Garnish
- 1 lemon wedge Garnish
- Add the vodka, lemon juice, lime juice, syrup, bitters, and egg white to a cocktail shaker without ice.
- Shake until well mixed.
- Add 1 cup of ice to the cocktail shaker.
- Shake the shaker again until cold.
- Strain the drink into an ice-filled low ball glass. The foam will collect at the top.
- Garnish with a lemon wedge and a Maraschino cherry.
Looking for other sour cocktails to try? Check out the recipe for the Whiskey Sour (it looks fancy but is easy to make)!
As always, drink responsibly, and don’t drink and drive!