Let’s get into the holiday season with these great tasting Mistletoe Margaritas! This is a great winter cocktail that will be well received at any holiday party. Nothing spells the holidays like cranberries so why not have a great tasting cocktail with them!
How to make Mistletoe Margaritas
This super easy ✳️ margarita recipe with Triple Sec takes under 30 min to make. from from start to garnish. The hardest part of the recipe is if you wish to rim your cocktail glass.
If you are looking for other holiday cocktails do not miss our most popular one – The Santa Tart!
There are quite a few ingredients to this cocktail. Of course, if you don’t want to rim the glass you can omit the sugar and the salt. But if you want to serve your Mistletoe Margaritas as a presentation you will need all the ingredients below.
- Triple Sec
- Lime Wedge
- Cranberry Juice
- Lime Juice
- Mint Sprig
The main piece of equipment needed for making Mistletoe Margaritas is a high-quality blender. There are many to be found on Amazon.
We made this to serve 6 people so the picture above shows a smaller lowball glass. However, if you want to drink it all your self feel free to use a large margarita glass.
You will want to soak your cranberries in the lime juice so that the sugar will stick to them when you roll the cranberries in it. Afterward, place the cranberries on a piece of parchment paper to dry.
In a large blender combine cranberry juice, tequila, triple sec, lime juice, and ice in a blender. Blend the mixture until smooth and frothy.
If you want to rim your glasses then combine sugar and the salt on a small plate. Run the lime wedge around the rim of each glass and roll it in their salt/sugar mixture.
Carefully pour the Mistletoe Margaritas mixture into each glass. Serve immediately.
- 1/2 cup cranberries Fresh
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp salt optional
- 1 lime single wedge for the rim of the glass
- 2 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- 12 oz tequila silver
- 8 oz triple sec
- 3/4 c. lime juice
- 6 c. ice
- 6 sprig Mint
- Mix cranberries with 1/4 cup of the lime juice in a small bowl.
- Remove cranberries from the lime juice and then mix with 1/4 cup sugar in a zip lock bag. Thoroughly mix until the cranberries are coated with the sugar.
- Place cranberries on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper to dry.
- Combine cranberry juice, tequila, triple sec, remaining lime juice, and ice in a large blender. Blend until smooth.
- Optional Step: Combine remaining sugar with salt on a shallow plate or bowl and mix. Rim each glass with the lime wedge and then dip in salt/sugar mixture.
- Pour margarita mix into salt/sugar-rimmed glasses. Add a sprig of mint and 4-5 sugar-coated cranberries for garnish.
If you are looking for a popular holiday side dish then be sure to check out our great tasting pineapple stuffing recipe!
Let us know how you liked this Mistletoe Margaritas recipe by commenting and rating the recipe below.
As always, drink responsibly.