Who doesn’t love the Christmas story involving the Grinch and the Who’s? This Grinch Sangria Recipe is the perfect cocktail to enjoy while watching one of the all-time classic holiday movies.
Don’t ,miss this other holiday cocktail!
How to make a Grinch Sangria
Making the Grinch Sangria is super easy and it is quite a colorful cocktail. If you have made other cocktails with prepped glasses coating the rim with red sugar should be a piece of cake.
The only tedious part is to make the cutout heart strawberry which represents the Grinch’s heart that grew 3 sizes that day. We explain below how easy it is to make the cutout.
- Bottle of Pinot Grigio
- Midori Melon Liqueur (Can use any other brand if desired)
- Pineapple Juice
- Red Sugar Sprinkles
There is no special equipment required for this holiday cocktail.
Because this Grinch Sangria Cocktail is normally served in either a pitcher or a punch bowl you will want to mix up the punch prior to prepping any glasses. If you prep the glasses prior to the drink you run the risk of the honey and sugar sliding down the glass.
In a large pitcher or punch bowl combine the Pinot Grigio, the sliced strawberries, and pineapple juice. Gently stir in the Sprite.
Prepare the punch glasses by coating the rim of each with the honey and then roll in the red sugar. Fill the glass immediately with the punch and serve.
To make the heart-shaped garnish for the Grinch Cocktail take a whole strawberry and cut it in half lengthwise. Then carefully take a small paring know and trim the strawberry into the shape of a heart.
- 1 bottle Pinot Grigio
- 1 1/2 cup Midori Melon Liqueur
- 1 cup Pineapple Juice
- 1 splash Sprite
- 2 lbs Strawberries
- 1 tbsp red sugar sprinkles
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 heart-shaped strawberry
- Spread the honey out on a small plate the size of your punch glasses.
- Spread the red sugar sprinkles on another small plate.
- Dip the punch glasses in the plate of honey to coat the rim
- In a large pitcher or punch bowl, add the Pinot Grigi, Midori, sliced strawberries, and pineapple juice.
- While gently stirring the ingredients together add in a splash of Sprite.
- Garnish with a heart-shaped strawberry. See the tips above for tips on creating easy cut-outs.
- Dip the honey-coated rims of the punch glasses in the red sugar to completely cover the rim with sugar.
If you loved this Grinch Sangria Recipe, be sure to leave a rating and comment below. Feel free to include a picture of the cocktail you made and any variations to the recipe.
Looking for something a little more tropical? See our fruity summertime cocktail recipes!
As always, drink responsibly, and don’t drink and drive!