Peppermint Martini Recipe
Get the holiday season started right with this delicious Peppermint Martini Recipe. This holiday martini also goes by the name Peppermint Bark Martini because of the Rumchata Peppermint Bark liqueur used to make it.
How to Make A Peppermint Martini
Following the Peppermint Martini Recipe may seem like a piece of holiday cake but getting a fancy presentation takes a little bit of time and effort. You do not have to rim the top of a martini glass if you want, but it will enhance the overall appearance of the holiday cocktail.
The ingredients for this holiday cocktail are a little more exact than most other drinks as you want the appearance of a winter wonderland, you don’t want to substitute dark chocolate chips for the white ones.
- Peppermint Bark Rumchata – If you don’t have or can’t find this flavor of Rumchata, you can substitute Peppermint Schnapps for it
- Creme De Cacao
- Half n Half
- White Chocolate chips
- Crushed candy canes – If you can’t find pre-crushed in your local store, you can place a candy cane in a Ziploc bag and crush it using a meat tenderizer mallet.
- A whole candy cane for the garnish (Optional)
There is no special equipment needed for this Peppermint Martini Recipe except a microwave that is pretty common to have.
Start this Peppermint Martini Recipe by prepping your Martini glasses. On a small plate, spread out the crushed candy cane. Place the white chocolate chips on a microwave-safe plate and heat in increments of 20-30 seconds to not let the chips burn. Once the chips start to get soft, stir with a fork to spread evenly over the plate.
Dip a martini glass into the chocolate one time and immediately dip the coated rim into the crushed candy cane.
Place coated cocktail glass in the refrigerator until ready for use.
Fill a cocktail share with ice and add in the Rumchata (Or Peppermint Schnapps if you don’t have Rumchata), the Creme De Cacao, and the half n half. Shake unit well mixed and cold.
Pour the mixture into the prepped martini glass and serve immediately.
- 3 1/2 oz Peppermint Bark Rumchata
- 3/4 oz Creme De Cacao
- 1 1/4 oz Half n Half
- 2 tbsp White Chocolate Chips
- 1 tbsp Candy Cane Crushed
- 1 Candy Cane Garnish
Rim Martini Glass
- Place the crushed candy canes on a small plate.
- On a microwave-safe plate melt the chocolate chips.
- Dip the martini glass first in the melted chocolate to coat the rim, and then dip it into the crushed candy canes.
- Place coated martini glass into the refrigerator until ready to fill with the martini.
- Add ice to a cocktail shaker.
- Add the Rumchata, Creme De Cacao, and half & half to the shaker.
- Shake until chilled and well mixed.
- Pour the mixture into the prepped glass and serve immediately.
If you loved this Peppermint Martini Recipe, be sure to leave a rating and comment below. Feel free to include a picture of the cocktail you made and any variations to the recipe.
Looking for other holiday cocktails? See our Christmas drink roundup for many other holiday favorites!
As always, drink responsibly, and don’t drink and drive!